“I am part of all I have met,” wrote Lord Tennyson. I don’t think I could summarize my blog more eloquently and simply than with his words.
I’m listening, meditating, and learning about myself and the woman I was created to be. It’s a struggle and a blessing. Sometimes it’s painless and other times I wonder how I’m going to get to the next day. Thankfully, I have a God who walks with me in every stage of my journey whether I choose to listen or not.
A few things you should know about me:
- When I was a toddler I was diagnosed with Osteomyelitis, a bone infection in my knee. I had to undergo surgery due to the bone and tissue injury. When I was a freshman in college I was involved in head-on car collision going 50 mph on the busy highway. These examples remind me again and again about God’s unending grace and love.
- I have two younger, adopted siblings and one older sister. My parents brought the younger two from Russia when I was starting the first grade. They have been my rivals, best friends, offenders and heroes. I couldn’t imagine life without them.
- I’ve had a lot of issues in the past with self-image, weight, food obsession, peer pressure, and expectations. I’m still battling the same struggles but I’m not alone in the fight.
- When I was five years old I wrote my first book and my first play. I directed my brother and sister to wear funny costumes and say their lines. It wasn’t until much later I realized how much I loved to write. My most prized possessions—stacks of journals, collections of stationary, cases of books, and letters from family members, friends, and strangers. Nothing says beauty to me like the written word.
- I moved to Tennessee in the fall of 2014 but I am a true east coast girl at heart. I like hikes in the Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains, beach trips to the Outer Banks, Myrtle, and Ft. Lauderdale. Whether I am sitting in my hammock, going for a run, or drinking a cup of coffee on the terrace, I am content in the luxuries of outdoor living.
- My passions lie in serving my community, travelling overseas including volunteer work, and exploring new places and hobbies with my pals.
You can reach me by email at email@example.com